The time has come. The waiting has an end.
This weekend we will start a new age with Gemini. The age of the Gemini plugin (The Gemini Project 3).
What does it mean for you:
* You won't get full Gemini-images from us.
* You have to flash an image of your own choice (we recommend the iCVS, DMM release or experimental,...)
* You have to install the Gemini Wizard (already included in the iCVS)
* With the Gemini Wizard you can install a full- or baseversion from the Gemini plugin and it's components.
The advantages from the new Gemini plugin are clear:
* You get a plugin, that you can install in every image, which you can update every time you want.
* You can decide on your own, how comprehensive your Gemini plugin is (every Gemini app can be installed seperately)
* You can do updates online for Gemini and DMM innovations without reflash your box.
What is already available in the Gemini-plugin:
Of course every start is difficult, because the Gemini-plugin was coded all up new from the ground.
The already available functions are:
geminiplugin - Gemini Bluepanel desktop with Cam-Center, Devicemanager, Quickbuton, Filemanager,...
gemininfs - Gemini app to configure the NFS server
geminictorrent - Gemini torrent app
geminiweather - Gemini weatherinfo app
geminicccaminfo - Gemini CCcam informations app
geminiwebcam - Gemini webcam app
geminirssreader - Gemini RSS reader app
geminirezapp - Gemini rezapp app
geminidreamlpd - Gemini printserver app
geminiupnpc - Gemini UPnP client app
geminihttpd - Gemini webserver app
geminiushare - Gemini UPnP mediaserver app
geminisambaconfig - Gemini app to configure the Sambaserver
Further informations and a more detailed description of the Gemini plugin will you find in our Wiki on Gemini release.
In this context, we will also rise the iCVS again. Its very close to the DMM-CVS and already containing the Gemini-wizard for the installation of Gemini3, and beeing regularely supplied with updates.